Warm Meals for Cold Months
This meal is one of my absolute favorites! A delicious treat, Texas oven brisket is a perfect dinner during colder seasons. This is the dinner I would beg my mom to make on my birthday, as a little girl. You don’t need to be a pro chef to make this meal. But be warned, it will take a while to cook. Hope you enjoy!
• 1 tablespoons salt
• 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons dry mustard
• 1 bay leaf, crushed
• 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
• 1 1/2 cups beef stock
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Use salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaf to make a dry rub for the meat.
3. Use the rub on each side of the raw brisket to season the rub.
4. Put the brisket in the roasting pan and let it roast, uncovered, for one hour.
5. Add enough water and beef stock to yield about a half an inch of liquid in the pan.
6. Turn the heat down to 300 degrees.
7. Cover the pan with foil and let it cook for three hours.
8. Cut the meat and top it with juice from the pan. Enjoy!